• Advertisement

together and using each other.

Tips på bra länkar om kampfiskar.

together and using each other.

Inläggav lebaobei123 » ons 11 jan 2017, 08:13

DUNEDIN, Florida – The following players will make up the Blue Jays 38th opening day roster: STARTING ROTATION (in order of appearance:) R.A. Dickey, Drew Hutchison, Mark Buehrle, Brandon Morrow, Dustin McGowan. BULLPEN: Casey Janssen, Steve Delabar, Sergio Santos, Brett Cecil, Aaron Loup, Esmil Rogers, Todd Redmond, Jeremy Jeffress. CATCHERS: Dioner Navarro, Josh Thole. INFIELDERS: Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind, Jose Reyes, Brett Lawrie, Ryan Goins, Maicer Izturis. OUTFIELDERS: Jose Bautista, Colby Rasmus, Melky Cabrera, Moises Sierra. DISABLED LIST: J.A. Happ. Dustin McGowan typically isnt long-winded. Wednesday morning was no exception when he found out the news he would be starting the Blue Jays 38th home opener on April 4 against the New York Yankees. "I was kind of speechless," said McGowan. "I told them, thank you for the opportunity and Ill be ready." What this decision says about McGowan is one thing. What it says about the state of the Blue Jays starting rotation is another. First, McGowan, who turned 32 on March 24 and suddenly is the author of an unlikely story. At one time the organizations highly prized pitching prospect, McGowan cemented himself as a bona fide big leaguer when he won 12 games and posted a 4.08 ERA in 27 starts for the Blue Jays in 2007. The persistent shoulder problems began on July 8, 2008, when he was forced to leave a game against Baltimore after four innings. He wouldnt pitch again that year and his rehab took him into the 2009 season. McGowan was progressing before developing a cartilage problem in his knee, which required surgery. He missed all of 2010 with a torn rotator cuff. It wouldnt be until September 6, 2011, that McGowan would pitch in another big league game. He finished the season with the Blue Jays but returned to the disabled list out of spring training in 2012 with a foot problem. Later that summer, he was back under the knife for arthroscopic shoulder surgery. It wasnt until last season, when McGowan made 25 relief appearances, that he showed he could continue to pitch at the big league level. Late in the season, he expressed an interest in trying to be a starter one more time. It seemed unlikely at the time but, then again, the fact he pitched at all last year was proof McGowan could overcome seemingly insurmountable odds. "I always had the resolve to push through," said McGowan. "Theres no quitting in my blood. There was times I thought it may not happen anymore but it wouldnt be from lack of trying so I kept pushing hard for moments like this." "He was one of the top up-and-coming pitchers here in this organization a few years ago and we got a glimpse of it before he had his injuries," said manager John Gibbons. "Its pretty amazing in my mind that hes come back this far and looked this good. Were going to run with it and see where it takes us." Really, what option does Gibbons have? J.A. Happ, like Ricky Romero last spring, pitched his way out of the rotation with four poor Grapefruit League performances (20.57 ERA) and will begin the season on the disabled list. "He had that back issue earlier on," said Gibbons. "It hasnt been a big deal. Hes getting better but its something we think its limited him a little bit right now and its affecting him so hell go on the DL and hell get himself right and well look at it in the near future." Disabling Happ is nothing more than a paper move, which enables the Blue Jays to carry an eight-man bullpen to start the season. Each of Esmil Rogers, Todd Redmond and Jeremy Jeffress is out of options. When Happ is activated, someone will have to go. The Jays are simply delaying the inevitable. Gibbons confirmed Redmond is the next starter in line should there be an injury in the rotation. Meanwhile, Josh Thole beat out Erik Kratz for the second catchers job behind Dioner Navarro. "Hes got something special with Dickey," said Gibbons. "Hes caught him the last few years. Theres a little bit of something theyve got working so were going to run with that." Thole has caught Dickey for a total of 565 innings during their time together with the Mets and Blue Jays. While its expected the second catcher is going to have to play more this year, Navarro hasnt played in more than 89 games in any of the last four seasons, the ability to handle Dickeys knuckleball is being prioritized ahead of offence. "I think hes a better hitter than he showed last year," said Gibbons, referring to Tholes .175/.242/.216 slash line. "Hes made some adjustments but his number one job is to catch Dickey. Thats what hes here for. Well take whatever offence we can get." Kratz has an option remaining and will begin the season at Triple-A Buffalo. "He was disappointed," said Gibbons of Kratzs reaction to his demotion. "I mean, you expect him to be. It was a long time coming to get to the big leagues. Hed been up there a little bit with Pittsburgh and of course, Philly, and yeah, he was very disappointed and I dont blame him but the way were going to start this thing out, let Thole run with it. Our number one job, the big question mark is how good our starting pitching is going to be, weve got to take care of those guys." It appears it will be a short stay with the Blue Jays for utility infielder/outfielder Matt Tuiasosopo, who was informed on Wednesday he wouldnt make the opening day roster. He was seen leaving Florida Auto Exchange Stadium in street clothes. No formal roster move has been made. Tuiasosopo is out of options, meaning he will have to clear through waivers before being sent to the minor leagues. If he isnt picked up by another club, he would likely start in Buffalo. Cheap Kenneth Faried Jersey . - Andrew McCutchen went 4 for 5 and finished a home run short of a cycle, and Jordy Mercer drove in a career-high four runs to lead the Pittsburgh Pirates to an 8-2 rout of the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Authentic . -- Justin Verlander took a no-hit bid into the sixth inning and won his fourth straight decision, leading Detroit over the Kansas City Royals 9-4 Sunday and extending the Tigers winning streak to a season-high five games. http://www.authenticnuggetsproshop.com/ ... sey/.Brady threw a 69-yard touchdown pass to Julian Edelman midway through the fourth quarter, and New England beat the San Diego Chargers 23-14 for its eighth win in nine games. Authentic Will Barton Nuggets Jersey . The Tiger-Cats announced on Friday the linebacker has signed a new contract with the team through the 2016 season. Authentic Wilson Chandler Nuggets Jersey . -- Washington Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo is going to the Pro Bowl as a replacement for San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks.MALMO, Sweden - Ending a four-year run without a gold medal wont be easy for Canada at the world junior hockey championship. The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. "Youve got to expect theyll be structured and hard working," coach Brent Sutter said Wednesday after a one-hour skate at the cosy Isstadion, where they face the Germans on Thursday. "Theyll be ready to play. "That game is the biggest game to date we have. It doesnt matter our opponent, its how we have to play. Lets make sure were responsible." You can watch all the action live on TSN beginning at 7am et/4am pt. Pre-tournament exhibition games against Finland, Sweden and Switzerland showed that while the Canadian squad — led by Halifax Mooseheads star Jonathan Drouin — will be among the better teams in the 10-team event, it doesnt have the speed and offensive flash of some of the 15 Canadian teams that won gold in the past. The host team Sweden, with at least 10 players returning from a squad that won silver last year in Ufa, Russia, looks like the team to beat, especially after the 3-0 beating they put on Canada in an exhibition game last week. The Swedes are in the opposite first-round group and will play at the newer, much larger Malmo Arena. Canada has only three players back from the 2013 tournament. They include Drouin, Jake Paterson (who didnt dress for any games in Ufa as the third goalie), and defenceman Griffin Reinhart, who is suspended for the first three games this year from a slashing incident in last years semifinals. The loss in Ufa ended Canadas 14-year run of top-three finishes at the tournament officially called the IIHF world under-20 championship. This years squad is younger than most, and should be a showcase for three players not even eligible to be drafted by the NHL yet. First among them is Connor McDavid, the dazzling 16-year-old playmaker and scoring star of the Erie Otters who will not be eligible for the draft until 2015. There is also forward Sam Reinhart of the Kootenay Ice, the younger brother of Griffin Reinhart, along with big defenceman Aaron Ekblad of the Barrie Colts. They may go one-two in the 2014 draft. Sutter has McDavid and Reinhart on the wings with centre Bo Horvat, an imposing Vancouver Canucks prospect from the London Knights. They were the only line to stay together through the teams three pre-tournament games. Reinhart turned 18 in November and is not a true "underage" junior, and Sutter uses him as he would a seasoned veteran. In exhibition play, he played the power play and on the penalty kill. In one instance when Canada was short-handed two men, he was the lone forward on the ice. "Hes an all-purpose player," said Sutter. "He just knows how to play the game. "Hes an intelligent player and his paying attention to details in all sorts of situations is very high. As a coach, youre very comfortable playing him in whatever situation that occurs." Reinhart is used to the ice time with Kootenay and was a captain on Canadian under-18 teams, so he likes the responsibility Sutter has given him. "It gives you confidence for opening night," he said. "We took some games to find ouur mentality and what well bring to the first one.dddddddddddd "We feel confident in our game right now. The focus has turned onto the first game against Germany and were looking forward to it." The exhibition games were a test for Drouin, the third overall pick of the Tampa Bay Lightning last June. Sutter blasted him for a weak showing against Sweden, even though it was Drouins first game since suffering a concussion in a league game with Halifax on Dec. 8. He was moved from left wing to centre for the final exhibition against the Swiss and played better. "Brent said some stuff," said Drouin, who will likely centre big winger Anthony Mantha and the defensively solid Taylor Leier of the Portland Winterhawks. "I know I played bad and didnt help the team. "I had to step up my game against the Swiss and I think I did. I feel better. The first game was a little rough. Its been three weeks (since he played) and its different from major junior. Its way more fast, but I think the second game was better." Another question to be settled was in goal, and Sutter believes hes found his man in Paterson of the Saginaw Spirit, who will start against Germany. The Mooseheads Zach Fucale will start the tournament as the backup, but Sutter expects both will see action in the tournament. Other lines are likely to have Nic Petan of Portland between Curtis Lazar of the Edmonton Oil Kings and Kerby Rychel of the Gueph Storm; and captain Scott Laughton of the Oshawa Generals with Frederik Gauthier of the Rimouski Oceanic and Josh Anderson of the Knights. Charles Hudon of the Chicoutimi Sagueneens may slot in the Drouin line. The defence will likely be rearranged when Griffin Reinhart returns Dec. 31 against the Americans. Sutter has been trying various combinations for a group that includes Ekblad, Matt Dumba of the Minnesota Wild, Chris Bigras of the Owen Sound Attack, McDavids Erie teammate Adam Pelech, Josh Morrissey of the Prince Albert Raiders and Derrick Pouliot of Portland. Without a high-powered attack, there has been much talk of playing "Boston Bruins hockey," which despite popular perception does not mean hammering everyone who moves, but rather working the puck up the ice in tight, five-man units and playing a controlled two-way game. "It is the makeup of our team," said Sutter, who won gold with a similar group in 2006. "We have to support each other. "We cant be a spread-out team thats playing one zone and two zones ahead. We have to be coming out of zones together and using each other. When one guy has the puck, the other four have to be options and be available for plays. And we have to be smart when were hitting the red line. We cant have turnovers." The game against Germany is a chance to see flashy forward Leon Draisaitl, who is Morrisseys teammate in Prince Albert. Draisaitl is a projected top-10 pick in 2014. They played against one another at the under-18 championship, and Morrissey said they have been joking about meeting again at the world juniors. "Hes a really skilled player," the Calgary native said. "Weve become almost best friends on our team. "Hes got phenomenal vision. I think he plays like (Anze) Kopitar. He likes (Pavel) Datsyuk a lot. All I can say is hes an unreal player." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lebaobei123

Återgå till Länkguide